Sunday, June 26, 2011

Advice for Fan Mail

A few years ago, I wrote a letter to my favorite baseball player, Adrian Beltre. I mailed the letter to the Seattle Mariners. I thought he never got my letter. I used to check the mail all the time because I was hoping for a letter back. This week in the mail, I got an envelope from the Texas Rangers. Inside was an Adrian Beltre baseball card and this message:
Thank you so much for your support. I am enjoying my first year in Texas and I appreciate all of my old and new fans. Due to the amount of fan mail I receive, I am unable to sign items that are sent in. I hope that you enjoy one of my cards.
All my best,
Adrian Beltre

So, if you are expecting to get a letter from an MLB player that you wrote fan mail to, don't expect it to be coming in less than a year. Don't give up and be patient. I wrote him another letter and I wonder how long it will take me to get a letter back this time.

1 comment:

  1. Take care of your hand Trevor. Love Grandpa and Tutu.

    ReplyDelete